Jo first arrived at Pike in 1994 and has served a variety of roles in that time, 教历史和数学, 担任六年级和八年级的队长, 并指导多种运动.
派克的核心价值观之一是知识抱负, and our students leave Pike well equipped to continue their academic journeys and grow as creative thinkers and agents of social good. 我们的毕业生毕业于各种独立, parochial and public schools where they thrive in their classrooms and communities, 经常成为领导者.
作为中学顾问, we seek to help our 8th and 9th graders find the right fit in terms of rigor, size, values and opportunities as they continue their academic journeys and build upon the foundation formed at Pike. Our expectation is that Pike Graduates will be positioned for possibility and will be prepared to lead with impact in a world that is increasingly complex.
Julie has spent the majority of her career in independent schools from Maine to Maryland, both as a teacher/advisor/coach and as a spouse at the schools where her husband has taught and they have lived, 最近在总督学院工作了23年.
“At every point in the 中学顾问y experience, we were struck by how deeply our advisor knew our child and respected our family priorities. 通过了解我们的孩子, they were able to leverage their understanding of the academic landscape to successfully guide us to finding a good fit for this next part of our educational journey."
Chad S.， 2023届的家长
"Brooks School has had a terrific relationship with Pike for decades. We have enrolled well-rounded students who are prepared to face an academically rigorous curriculum, 谁热衷于课外活动, 他们都是模范公民. We have also enjoyed working with Pike's 中学辅导 Team who partner with us in our joint goal of finding the right match school for each student."
“Ms. Ogden advised both our children who had very different needs, goals and personalities. Her advice was very valuable in narrowing down the list of schools to apply to and even decide on which school would be a better fit for our children. 我们给家庭的一条建议是，听米歇尔女士的. 奥格登女士. Buttress!
- Informal meet and greet coffees to demystify specific facets of the secondary school process, such as how applying for financial aid impacts the process
- Introduction of opportunities to help our younger 上学校 students explore their passions, round out their interests and maximize their strengths as potential future secondary school applicants
- Evening panel presentation and info session for seventh grade families and students with school representatives from various schools; here is a chance to explore differences amongst schools such as boarding vs day schools, 小vs大, 男女同校vs男女同校
- Initial meetings with parents and guardians begin to discuss the process and construct an initial list for those applying out to independent or parochial schools
- 学生们审视自己的长处, needs and abilities as they identify a list of schools that will enable them to fully embody the 派克大学毕业生的肖像
- Fall visits from a myriad of school admissions representatives help to facilitate this process as students looks for schools that are a good fit
- Monthly updates and support for families continues throughout the fall, as students focus on highlighting their unique strengths through interviews and essays, 在12月/ 1月截止日期前完成申请.
For current families looking for a more extensive timeline, 请登录下面的当前家庭部分. To get the passkey, please reach out to one of our Secondary School Team members.
Join this webinar to hear from a panel of Admissions Directors from 19 Boston-area Independent Schools talk about mission-driven education, 学术水准高, 个性化学生体验, 全面教育孩子, and other topics relevant to the applicant’s journey towards enrollment. 该计划将以小组讨论开始, followed by Zoom meeting rooms to allow families to connect with individual schools and learn more about their specific programs and admission processes.
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
诺斯菲尔德黑门山学校 is sponsoring a series of workshops to help families and students navigate the application process more smoothly. 如果你正在寻找有关面试的信息, 财政援助流程, 如何展示你作为候选人的优势, how to write an effective admissions essay and other topics relevant to the process, 我们认为你会发现这些讲习班很有帮助. 了解更多并注册.